The AR-15 rifle is a popular firearm in the United States, and it’s no wonder why. This versatile and reliable rifle suits hunting, competition shooting, and home defense. For your first-ever purchase, it is ideal to look at the AR-15 Rifles for Sale Online. However, like any other firearm, you should maintain it regularly to ensure it functions at its best.
This blog will discuss keeping your AR-15 rifle in top condition with simple, easy-to-follow maintenance tips.
Cleaning Your AR-15 Rifle
Dirt, dust, and other debris accumulate in the barrel, receiver, and other parts of the rifle, which can cause malfunctions or damage to the firearm. Here’s how to clean your AR-15 rifle:
- Disassemble Your Rifle: Make sure your AR-15 is unloaded and disassembled before cleaning. Remove the upper receiver, bolt carrier group, charging handle, and buffer spring.
- Clean the Barrel: Use a bore brush and cleaning solvent to clean the barrel. Run the brush through the barrel several times to remove dirt or debris.
- Clean the Receiver: Use a cleaning brush and solvent to clean the receiver, bolt carrier group, and other parts.
- Lubricate the Parts: After cleaning, apply lubricant to the moving parts of the rifle, such as the bolt carrier group and charging handle.
- Reassemble Your Rifle: Put the rifle back together, ensuring all parts are properly seated and tightened.
Inspecting Your AR-15 Rifle
You should inspect your rifle after every use, as well as before and after storing it for an extended period. Here’s what to look for during an inspection:
- Check the Barrel: Inspect the barrel for any signs of damage or wear, such as scratches or corrosion. Have a professional gunsmith inspect and repair the barrel if you notice any damage.
- Check the Receiver and Bolt Carrier Group: Inspect the receiver and bolt carrier group for cracks or chips. If you notice any damage, replace the affected parts immediately.
- Check the Trigger: Check the trigger for any signs of wear or damage, such as a loose or wobbly trigger. Have a professional gunsmith inspect and repair the trigger if you notice any damage.
- Check the Magazine: Inspect the magazine for any cracks or deformation. If you notice any damage, replace the magazine immediately.
Storing Your AR-15 Rifle
Proper storage is essential to keep your AR-15 rifle in top condition. When storing your rifle, you should follow these guidelines:
- Unload Your Rifle: Ensure it’s unloaded and disassembled before storing your rifle. This will prevent accidental discharges and reduce the risk of damage to the rifle.
- Store Your Rifle in a Cool, Dry Place: Store your rifle in a cool, dry place to prevent moisture and rust.
- Use a Gun Safe or Locking Cabinet: Use a gun safe or locking cabinet to store your rifle. This will prevent unauthorized access and theft.
- Protect Your Rifle from Dust and Debris: Cover your rifle with a soft cloth or gun sock to protect it from dust and debris.
- Use Desiccant or Silica Gel: Use desiccant or silica gel packets for rust prevention. Place the packets inside the gun safe or locking cabinet to dry the air.
If you are looking at AR-15 Rifles for Sale Online, you can easily get the firearm you choose at the best possible price. But, it is even more important to keep your AR-15 rifle in top condition, and it requires regular maintenance, inspection, and proper storage. Following these tips ensures your rifle is always ready for use and functions at its best. Always prioritize safety when handling firearms and seek professional help if you notice any damage or issues with your rifle.